Hiking in Polish mountains
- Hiking is a popular activity in Poland,
- what was missing until now...
- ...was someone with an organized and affordable tourist programme
- And that is where we come in! Here: Pension in Rabka
- The highlight of this first hike...
- ...is the Lubon Wielki, rising like a wild mountain island from inhabited valleys.
- The summit has some of Poland's most charming mountain huts
- From there you descend to Rabka -
- - a small town with many parks, and... vintage train.
- Next day we start hiking...
- ...across the Gorce range
- to Nowy Targ.
- Daily distace is long...
- ...but on the way we three huts where you can rest
- here - one of them on Maciejowa
- 'Roadsigns' for hikers.
- Chilling break in a stream
- Short before Nowy Targ,
- our accommodation there.
- Nex day bus brings you to Kluszkowce
- here we start a short ascent
- along an old querry
- To the Wdzar-Hill
- From there you see Pieniny Mts and Czorsztyn Reserwoir
- We cross the lake in a boat...
- ...to the castle in Niedzica, on the opposite bank of the reservoir.
- Pension in Niedzica
- Horses still works in Sromowce area
- The limestone peak "Trzy Korony" (Three Crowns) invites for a next hike
- View from platform at the top
- and from the raft on Dunajec river.
- The centre of Szczawnica
- Last hike can be started in the valley of 'White water'
- You can look back at the three summits formerly climbed
- or at the Sphinx-Rock
- It is a region known for its numerous flocks of sheep...
- ...still herded according to past custom...
- ang guarded by local breed of white Polish Tatra Sheep Dog
- Rytro: View from castle hill to Poprad valley. Here we finish the hiking.
Detailed Programme: Hiking in Beskid Mountains >
The High Tatras are often referred to as the "smallest high mountain range in the world".
- But as this granite island surrounded by flat valleys to the North and South proves, small need not mean unimpressive.
- Zakopane - Poland's most famous mountain resort.
- Hardly another anonymous alpine spa, Zakopane is a unique mixture of local folk art and Nouveau style Viennese art.
- We stay in Hotel "Bialy Potok", a comfortable and conveniently located hotel complex.
- A look through the window.
- You will only be 20 minutes (on foot) from Zakopane's main promenade, the Krupowki.
- Passing behind the hotel grounds, is a hiking trail to the Dolina Bialego
- We start the High Tatra hike in Roztoka valley...
- ...which is in the form of a deep and narrow gorge
- Its upper extension ends in the completely differently formed Valley of the five Polish Lakes.
- The 70 m high Wielka Siklawa is the largest waterfall of the High Tatras.
- Finally, we hike through the Swistowka valley basin
- to the legendary lake, Morskie Oko (Eye of the Sea), the largest and most famous of the High Tatra lakes
- A truly bewitching corner of the earth
- Blooming gentian invites you!
Detailed Programme "A weekend in the Tatra" >